If you love writing but never seem to find the time to actually do it then this course is for you. Led by experienced writer Jo Middleton, you’ll look at a variety of techniques for developing your writing practice and making writing a habit that sticks.
Each session will include guided exercises, writing time and the opportunity to read your work to the group for feedback if you’d like to, with the aim of giving you the freedom and the space to reconnect with your inner writer. No longer will you have to feel guilty every time you walk past that stack of blank notebooks – by the end of this course you’ll feel inspired and motivated to make writing an easy and enjoyable part of your everyday life whether you’re completely new to writing or simply looking to reignite the spark.
On this course you’ll learn:
- How to make writing a part of your daily routine
- Quick and easy techniques to get your creative brain flowing
- How to draw inspiration from other writers
- Why writing for social media can be a great learning tool
- How to flesh out your characters and make them believable
To book for the full six-week course, click the ‘Book Course’ button below.
The term must be booked in advance as spaces are limited.
About Jo Middleton
Jo is a Taunton local and writer of many years of experience. She began in traditional journalism, writing freelance for newspapers and magazines, and then moved into more creative writing through her now award-winning parenting and lifestyle blog, Slummy Single Mummy, and her Instagram channel of the same name. Jo has written on just about every topic you can think of and as well as her blog, she’s also a fiction writer. Her novel, Playgroups and Prosecco, was published in 2019 by Penguin.
DATES FOR YOUR DIARY
- Tuesday 6th September 2022
- Tuesday 13th September 2022
- Tuesday 20th September 2022
- Tuesday 27th September 2022
- Tuesday 4th October 2022
- Tuesday 11th October 2022